If you already have Urban Turtle installed on your TFS, here is the procedure on to update Urban Turtle with TFS:
- [Optional] If you have modified any of your Urban Turtle Configuration files, you will need to back them up. They are usually located under the folder "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Team Foundation Server 14.0\Application Tier\Web Services\Areas\UrbanTurtle\Configuration"
- Uninstall Urban Turtle
- Upgrade to TFS 2017
- Download and install our latest version
- [Optional] Copy the backed up configuration files you have saved in step 1 into the new TFS folder located by default in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Team Foundation Server 15.0\Application Tier\Web Services\Areas\UrbanTurtle\Configuration"
What to do if you forgot to uninstalled Urban Turtle before upgrading TFS
If you have upgraded to TFS 2017 without uninstalling Urban Turtle, you will be unable to access Urban Turtle. Trying to uninstall the application will fail with a similar message:
Team Web Access 2015u2 does not appear to be installed on this machine. Urban Turtle 5.8.x must be installed on the same server that is hosting the Team Foundation Server 2015u2 Application Tier, namely Team Web Access 2015.
This error is caused by an installer condition that should only be verified during the installation phase of the product. Since you have already upgraded to TFS 2017, this condition prevents the setup from running if the expected version of TFS is not found.
To force the setup to uninstall Urban Turtle, you must trick the installer into thinking that the proper version of TFS is installed. This requires that you to change a registry key temporarily.
- Launch the Registry Editor (c:\windows\regedit.exe)
- Make sure that the registry entry 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\TeamFoundationServer\14.0\BuildNumber' key exists and is one of (14.95.25229.0, 14.95.25122.0, 14.98.25401.0, 14.102.25423.0). If this entry doesn't exist, create it temporarily with one of those values. If this key exists, but has another value, take note of the value before changing it and restore the original value after the upgrade.
- Make sure that the registry entry 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\TeamFoundationServer\14.0\InstalledComponents\ApplicationTier\InstallPath' also exists and contains any string. If this does not exist, please create it manually - you will be able to safely delete this key when your upgrade is done.
- Uninstall Urban Turtle for TFS 2015
- Install Urban Turtle for TFS 2017