One known cause of this problem is Team Web Access Application Pool running the 4.0 version of the .NET runtime. We recommend that this is set to v2.0. To change the framework version, follow these steps:
- Open Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager
- In the left-hand side panel, select Application Pools
- Double-click the Microsoft Team Foundation Server Web Access Application Pool
- In the .NET Framework Version drop-down list, select .NET Framework v2.0.50727
- Click OK
- Run iisreset from a shell with administrator privileges
Running Web Access 2010 and Urban Turtle 2010 with the .NET version 4 framework
It is possible to run Web Access with the version 4 of the .NET framwork. However, Urban Turtle 2010 was not tested for compatibility with it so we cannot guarantee that everything will work as expected. Some of our customers have tried and have been running version 4.0 for a while now and everything appears to be working smoothly so far.
To use the v4.0 framework, The following modifications have to be made to the Web Access web.config file.
<page>element has to be modified to look like:
<pages validateRequest="false" enableEventValidation="false" enableSessionState="true" clientIDMode="AutoID">
<httpRuntime>tag must be modified to look like this:
<httpRuntime executionTimeout="300" requestValidationMode="2.0" />
- Internet Information Service must be restarted with iisreset
Note: These changes will have to be undone if it is wanted to revert to version 2.0.